How do I export Lessons content from previous semester?
The Lessons tool allows instructors to export course content in IMS Common Cartridge format. If your Lessons contain links to site activities (e.g., assignments, forum topic, or quizzes) or resources (e.g., files, url links) those items will also be exported in the content package.
Note: Pages added by students via the Student Pages tool are not included in the export file.
Log into the legacy Sakai CLE environment.
Log in to http://10.1.40.152:8080/portal from your browser with your YaşarID account.
Select the course you want to import from previous semester .
Click on the “Lessons” tool of your course.
Go to Lessons.
Click on the Lessons tool in the Tool Menu to display the page.
Note: You must be on a top-level page to export Lessons content.
Click More Tools, then Export CC.
From the More Tools drop-down menu, select Export CC to display the Export IMS Common Cartridge dialog.
Choose the desired options and click Download.
- If your Lessons page includes a link to a quiz that draws questions from a question pool, check the Include all question pools you can access as a single question bank option.
- If the Lessons are destined for use in Moodle or Blackboard LMS, check the Use old version of file option.
- If the Lessons are destined for use in Canvas, check the Use newest version of file option.
How do I import Lessons content new environment?
Instructors can import a previously exported IMS Common Cartridge (.imscc) file into a course site. This is useful for bringing in content from other Sakai sites, publisher materials, or content from other learning management systems.
First, verify the active tools in the destination site http://sakai.yasar.edu.tr/.
Make sure the course site contains a blank Lessons tool and any other tools referenced by the imported content (e.g., Tests & Quizzes, Forums, Assignments.).
Go to Lessons.
Note: You must be on a top-level Lessons page in order to use the Import CC option.
Select More Tools, then Import CC/CP.
From the More Tools drop-down menu, select the Import CC/CP option. This will display the Import Common Cartridge File dialog.
Click Choose File.
Click the Choose File button to locate and select and upload the import file from your computer.
Click Import to import the contents of the selected IMS Common Cartridge file (.imscc) into your site.
- Text items are not imported as displayed text but rather as links to text files. Instructors may want to copy then paste the text content into the item textbox.
- Embedded images, audio, and video files are imported but not displayed via the import process; however, the files are imported to the sites Resources. Instructors may want to re-embed the images, audio, or video.
- All linked Forums, Assignments, and Quizzes are imported and reproduced in the new site’s Forums, Assignments, and Test & Quizzes tools.
- All “required” and “Don’t Release Item Until All Prerequisites are Completed” page properties are removed from the imported items. Instructors may want to edit the items and restore any requirements.
- Student comments and student pages are not included in the imported package.